Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 39 Day 2

Medi object choiceless awareness
Intention to remain alert

Afternoon all! A quick note. Today I attempted to practise but was all over the shop. Full of dreaded work thoughts. I attempted metta but to no avail. In the end I went backwards and forwards in my mind to work thoughts/tube noises/work thoughts/tense feelings etc etc. Got any tips on how to practise if one is totally distracted? As it turned out, work turned out to be bliss as a certain person was on leave. It was almost as though, my mindful fretful efforts had worked some magic to sort things out. Just goes to show that it’s always worse in your head than anywhere else. That’s the second time in as many weeks that that has happened.

Anyhoo, can you believe it’s almost September! Amazing. Only two more months to 30 days of insight and one more month to another course of 30 Days of mindfulness! Where has the time gone?

Hopefully tomorrow I will be calmer and more able to be in the present. I guess if anything this has taught me how I react to stressful situations – I am a planner to the core and just spend all the time thinking about all the possible scenarios that might happen (from the best to the worst!)

Have a great day!

39/2

No comments: