Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 39 Day 1

Medi object choiceless awareness 
Intention to observe raw sensations and to be thankful for stuff

Afternoon all! Today 30 mins noting followed by short metta sesh. Today I would have played golf but the forecast was bad and none of my buddies were free. So I decided to stay in and later I will go to watch Ant Man!

As I sit I now hear the pitter patter of rain on the window so it was the right decision. I sat in my safe spot on the edge of the bed and observed. The radio was on in the bathroom but it was not too disruptive and every now and then I identified the songs and they stayed in the background of my meditation. The air temperature is just right and the time is just right for contemplation. As the thoughts came in and out of focus I turned to how I was feeling. A sense of calmness and well being pervades despite the difficulties I've had at work this week.  They are impermanent and I am thankful that my life is full of options. I am not tied to anything or anyone that I choose not to be with. As I ponder my work destiny I am thankful that I have skills that the market currently needs. They may not be the most titillating of jobs but you make your own interest and motivation.

Since I have been practising mindfulness my life outlook is more positive. In turn I find I am less bothered by frippery of office life and golf club politics. I have been able to focus on being healthy and happy. And to focus on good friends and my family. And also I am thankful that I have finally found a form of meditation that does not judge me if I can't  sit cross legged on the floor!

Ok so before I get to sit in the cinema my final task for the day is to continue to make progress on decluttering the living room...best get onto it.

Wishing all of you a lovely day and practice.  Thanks for being here.

🐽💜🐽

39/1

No comments: